B&B Electronics is seeking experienced Software Engineers for design, development, and implementation of embedded and application software for our vehicle diagnostics and telematics line of products. Ideal candidates will be passionate for great software, electronics and anything with wheels and an engine. Primary measures of success are meeting development and launch milestones.
As an integral part of the development team:
- Develop detailed software specifications based on Marketing Requirements
- Architect and implement embedded software in C or C++
- Architect and implement Windows PC-based software in the MS .Net environment.
- Design the software User Interface, structure, and modular interfaces to accomplish the specifications
- Design and execute test cases of the internal workings of the code during development
- Prepare and participate in internal reviews of software design and code
- Correct bugs found during system testing.
- Track all changes and bug fixes during the development process.
- BS degree in CS, EE or related discipline
- 5+ years experience in PC applications programming including design and architecture of Object Oriented software OR 5+ years experience programming in an embedded environment using C/C++.
- Knowledge and experience on a variety of Operating Systems, including Windows, Windows Mobile and other portable systems, RTOS’s, and Linux
- Knowledge and experience in C/C++, Visual Basic, and Java
- Familiarity with database design and use including SQL
- Knowledge of vehicle protocols (J1850, ISO-9141, KWP2000, J2284, J1939, J1708) or previous experience in an automotive diagnostic environment a plus
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills
Founded in 1981, B&B Electronics (www.autotap.com, www.bb-elec.com) is a growing manufacturer of communications products for automotive and industrial markets. Located in Ottawa, Illinois just 90 minutes southwest of Chicago.
Benefits include: health insurance, life insurance, dental insurance, 401K benefits, holiday pay, medical and vacation time.
Please send an email to: Mike Fahrion, Director of Engineering
[ OBD-II Home ]